Rowan University is a public school in Glassboro, N.J., with a branch in Camden, N.J., that offers bachelor’s through doctoral programs. In 2012, Rowan introduced a School of Biomedical Sciences and opened the first new M.D.-granting medical school in New Jersey in more than 35 years, Camden-based Cooper Medical School of Rowan University, in conjunction with Cooper University Health Care. In July 2013, Rowan included what is now known as the School of Osteopathic Medicine, in Stratford, currently a part of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, making it only the second university in the nation with two medical schools. Rowan is slated to collaborate with Rutgers-Camden to create a College of Health Sciences in Camden. Recently designated by the State as only the second comprehensive public research institution in New Jersey, Rowan also includes the Rohrer College of Business and colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Engineering, Graduate and Continuing Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics.This is a FULL TIME, TEMPORARY position.
Under the supervision of the Assistant Dean of CGCE, the Coordinator of Academic Services will assist the Dean with team projects and work closely with faculty, staff, and students regarding CGCE programs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Handling any CGCE student issues that come up that require further attention after initial contact with the Academic Services Receptionist (phone, walk-in, email)
• Coordinating the CGCE Catalog updates each year
• Coordinating the CGCE-specific updates to the Rowan Handbook each year
• Serving on the CGCE Scholarship Committee and assisting with the awarding process each year
• Creating initial Program Overviews and Master Schedules and assisting with the CGCE program implementation process
• Assisting with the graduate funding processing for GAs, GRAs, and Fellows
• Significant coordination of summer session projects and events including the summer website, social media and overall marketing and student outreach
• Creating/proofing documents and correspondence associated with the Academic Services Office’s communication and notification campaigns
• Assisting with research for and the consistent application of Rowan/CGCE policies and procedures
• Assisting the CGCE Assistant Dean with other tasks and projects as assigned
• Throughout all of the above, the Coordinator of Academic Services will assist Rowan faculty, staff and students with understanding and following both Rowan and CGCE-specific policies and procedures in order to ensure a positive Rowan experience. (This includes providing general information about Registrar, Bursar, and Financial Aid functions.)
Bachelor’s degree required
Experience in academic/student services within higher education (experience in curricular development, student outreach, and event planning are especially helpful)
Superior writing and proof-reading skills
Strong interpersonal and communication skills that include the ability to successfully handle confidential and sensitive matters
Excellent organizational skills and experience organizing data
Meticulous attention to detail
Ability to critically analyze information and discern potential issues and complications before they arise
Working experience with student information systems (Banner strongly preferred) and the Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word, Outlook, and Excel)
Note: In addition to working 8:00 AM-4:00 PM, Monday through Friday, this position requires the availability to work during occasional evenings and weekends.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.